- Western and Japanese architecture
- All rooms are Japanese style with tatami-straw mats
- Indoor swimming pool with hot spring water
- Lounge with complimentary coffee and tea
Kanbayashi Onsen [Nagano Prefecture]
Kanbayashi Hotel Senjukaku was originally established as a Japanese-style mountain resort by the founder of Nagano Electric Railway Company. Continuing its tradition of hospitality loved by Japanese intellectuals, Kanbayashi Hotel Senjukaku is now popular as a highly-rated ryokan for those guests visiting snow monkeys in Jigokudani, and ski slopes and great nature of Shiga Highland.
Surrounded by pristine forest and mountains, guests can enjoy peaceful stay at Senjukaku, incorporating European hotel's comfort and Japanese hospitality. The ryokan boasts on-site hot spring source with 720 littres per minute. There are open-air and indoor hot spring baths separated by genders, and privately chartered open-air hot spring bath can be enjoyed at extra charge. Full-course Japanese dinner using local ingredients such as organic vegetables, Shinshu beef, will be served.
|Access||3 hrs from Tokyo (1.5-hour Shinkansen Superexpress to Nagano, 45 min. local train ride and 15-min. car ride from Yudanaka station)|
|Price Range *||
|Environment||Serene environment rich in greenery|
|Private Bath||All the rooms are equipped with private regular bath. 3 rooms are equipped with private indoor hot spring bath.|
- Full-course Japanese dinner
- Breakfast will be the choice of Western or Japanese
- Dinner and breakfast will be served in the restaurant.
- Private bath attached to your room (A few rooms are equipped with private indoor hot spring baths)
- Indoor and open-air hot spring baths separated by genders
- Privately chartered open-air hot spring bath
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out 11:00
- Internet: Wi-fi is available around the front desk area in the lobby.
- English: OK
Room type and prices
|Price Range *|
- Price ranges indicate a general level in regular season.The price is for per person, per night when shared by two guests.
- Prices for this ryokan include meals.
- Prices change depending on seasons and room types. Please check the rates for your stay by entering the dates through the request form below.
By train (from Tokyo)
- JR Tokyo Station - [JR Nagano Shinkansen "Asama": 1.5 hrs] - Nagano station
From Nagano Station, take Nagano line for 45 mins. From Yudanaka Station, 5 minute ride of complimentary shuttle bus is available.
- Sightseeing (Jigokudani Valley for snow monkeys
- Obuse town, Nagano City, Shiga Highland)