|Room Types||Price range|
|Two Bed Tatami Suite||56,500 to 90,000 yen|
|Premier Suite Garden Terrace
(Click for a photo)
|38,500 to 56,500 yen|
|Tatami Suite with ourdoor bath||36,000 to 54,000 yen|
|Standard Tatami room
(Click for a photo)
|30,500 to 48,500 yen|
Asama Onsen, Nagano Prefecture
KAI Matsumoto (formerly called Kishoan) is located in a historical Asama onsen hot spring area, 15 minutes away from Matsumoto station by car. As a designer's ryokan, guests can enjoy the unique modern architecture with an atrium, clay wall, and Japanese artworks.
KAI Matsumoto has 26 rooms with different style for the guests' needs; a luxurious room with a sauna and wooden bath, deluxe room equipped with private outdoor hot spring baths, and a barrier-free room for elderly and disabled guests. One of the highlights during your stay at KAI Matsumoto will be to experience a variety of hot spring baths and saunas in the ryokan. There are outdoor and indoor baths as well as cypress steam sauna, mist sauna, and more for your relaxation. Spa is also available.
|Accommodation Type||Luxury Ryokan|
|Access||Approx. 3 hrs from Tokyo|
|Price Range *||
|Environment||In Asama onsen hot spring town|
|Private Bath||All the rooms are equipped with private bath.|
- Contemporary architecture blended with Japanese traditional style
- Other facitlies include: lounge, spa
- Dinner and breakfast are served in private dining rooms
- Japanese full-course dinner and breakfast that makes use of food variety in Shinshu area
- All rooms are equipped with private baths. (Indoor bath or outdoor bath)
- 13 types of hot spring baths and saunas
- Check in from 15:00
- Check out by 12:00
- Internet connection: In the lobby. PC is available at the front desk
- English OK
Room type and prices
Photo: Premier Suite Garden Terracee
- Price ranges indicate a general level in regular season. The price is for per person, per night when shared by two guests.
- Prices for this ryokan include dinner and breakfast. Taxes and service charges are included.
- Prices change depending on seasons and room types. Please check the rates for your stay by entering the dates through the request form below.
By train (from Tokyo)
- Shinjuku station - (JR: Super Azusa Express: 2 hrs. 40 min.) - JR Matsumoto station - (15 min. by taxi) - KAI Matsumoto
By car (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo －（Chuo / Nagano Express way: 2hrs. 30 min.）－Matsumoto IC－（20 min.) - KAI Matsumoto
Sightseeing in Matsumoto city and the near-by scenic areas (Azumino, Kamikochi, Northern Alps)