- Architecture designed by Japanese architect Hiroshi Naito
- Showcases contemporary arts created by Japanese artists throughout the hotel and creates a "hotel in art museum" ambience
- All guest rooms are designed differently. Most rooms are western style room with both Japanese and western elements in decor and interior.
- All guest rooms offer river view.
River Retreat Garaku is a small luxury hotel quietly situated on the bank of Jinzu River in Toyama which features impressive art and design, fine cuisine and modern amenities. More than 300 pieces of contemporary Japanese art that are placed throughout the hotel welcome your visit and make your stay more delightful. All of the 25 rooms are different, with each room designed and decorated elegantly. Garaku has two restaurants, French/Japanese fusion restaurant and Japanese restaurant. Conveniently located 20 minutes from the Toyama Airport, or one hour from Kanazawa Station, River Retreat Garaku is a perfect place for a relaxing stylish getaway.
|Accommodation Type||Boutique Hotel|
|Access||20 min. from Toyama Airport by taxi|
|Price Range*||25,000 - 47,000 yen /person (+ tax)|
|Environment||Serene natural surroundings on the river|
|Private Bath||Most rooms are equipped with private baths, while standard rooms do not have private bath.|
- Two restaurants, French/Japanese fusion restaurant and Japanese restaurant.
- All rooms are equipped with private baths.
- Shared outdoor and indoor hot spring baths (separated by gender). Outdoor bath area offers river view.
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out by 11:00
- Internet connection: WiFi available
- Language: Japanese and English
Room type and prices
All 25 rooms are different in style and interior. Most rooms are western style room with both Japanese and western elements in decor and interior. Photo of the above is "Premier Suite in the main building"
|Room Category||Price||Room Size||View|
|Standard room||25,000 JPY||33 sqm + balcony (no private bath)||Riverside view|
|Deluxe room in main building||33,000 JPY||55 sqm + balcony||Riverside view|
|Suites in the main building||35,000 JPY||72 sqm + balcony or 80 sqm||Riverside view or park side view|
|Premier Suites in the main building||37,000 JPY||100 sqm + balcony||Riverside view|
|Premier Suites in the annex building||39,000 JPY||115 sqm + terrace||Riverside view|
|Luxury Suite in the main building||41,000 JPY||140 sqm + terrace or balcony||Riverside view|
|Luxury Suites in the annex building||43,000 JPY||150 sqm + terrace||Riverside view|
|Premium Suites with spas in the annex building||45,000 JPY||115 sqm + terrace||Riverside view|
|Luxury Suites with spas in the annex building||47,000 JPY||150 sqm+ terrace||Riverside view|
- Price is per person, per night, for double occupancy, including dinner and breakfast.
- Consumption tax and hot spring tax are added.
- Price differs depending on room types and the season. Please ask us for details when you make a reservation.
- Price for children differs depending on age and food.
By air (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo Haneda airport －[flight: 1 hr. ] - Toyama airport - [20 mins. by taxi] - River Retreat Garaku
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo station -[JR: Shinkansen: 2 hrs. 20 mins.] - JR Toyama station - [30 mins. by taxi] - River Retreat Garaku
- 1 hour by car, or you can take Shinkansen to Toyama (20 min.) and then take a taxi (30min.)
Relax, Art museum, Sightseeing in Toyama, Visits to Japanese glass art sites in Toyama