- Situated in a pristine natural environment
- Japanese traditional old residence relocated to this site
- Annex house with a thatched roof
- Irori fireplace in the lobby helps create the nostalgic atmosphere
Hida Takayama, Gihu Prefecture
Wanosato Hida Takayama is a pastoral luxury retreat with only 8 rooms in truely natural surroundings, tranquilly nestled in the countryside in the suburb of Takayama. Beautiful river running through the property's premise, old thatched-roof house relocated to this site, the old mill wheel, irori fireplace all contribute to creating an nostalgic atmosphere. The dishes served in the restaurant utilize local ingredients, including famous marbled hida beef, Japan's top brand beef.
Please enjoy the memorable stay in an idyllic hideaway, feeling slow passage of time in the heart of Japanese countryside.
|Access||Approx. 4 hrs from Tokyo|
|Price Range*||From 30,000 yen /person and above|
|Environment||Unspoiled countryside in the suburb of Takayama
|Room||8 (4 in the main building, 4 in the annex)|
|Private Bath||All rooms are equipped with bath|
- All rooms are equipped wth private baths.
- Shared hot spring bath
- Dinner and breakfast are served in dining rooms
- Japanese full-course dinner with local ingredients
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out by 11:00
- English: OK
Room type and prices
|Main building||From JPY 30,000 -|
|Annex||From JPY 37,000 -|
- Different rates are applied for different seasons and room types. Please check with us when you book.
- The rates are per person, per night, for double occupancy. The rate includes dinner and breakfast.
- The rates are exclusive of taxes.
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - [Tokaido Shinkansen(bullet train): 1hr. 40 min.] - Nagoya- [JR: Wide View Hida express: 2hrs. 10 min] - Takayama - [20 min: taxi] - Wanosato
Please note that center of Takayama city is not within a walking distance. You need to drive or take a taxi.