- Situated in central Takayama
- Modern building with traditional Japanese interiors and settings
Hida Takayama, Gihu
Honjin Hiranoya Kachoan is the most established Japanese style ryokan in Takayama city. Takayama attracts a number of individual tourists from all over the world due to its unique local culture and surrounding great nature. To fully appreciate the charm of old small town Takayama, you are advised to explore by walking, ideally early in the morning or late in the afternoon when crowds of tourists are not visible.
Honjin Hiranoya is ideally located in the heart of Takayama, allowing guests to enjoy Takayama's beauty in peaceful moments. The dishes utilize local seasonal ingredients, including famous Hida beef, Japan's top brand beef. Enjoy also your time in uniquely decorated rooms.
|Access||Approx. 4 hrs from Tokyo|
|Price Range*||From 25,000 to 39,000 yen /person|
|Environment||Conveniently located in the heart of Takayama city|
|Room||28 (19 standard rooms and 9 suite rooms)|
|Private Bath||All rooms are equipped with bath|
- All rooms are equipped with private baths.
- Shared hot spring baths
- Dinners are served in dining rooms or in your rooms
- Breakfasts are served in dining rooms
- Japanese full-course dinner with local ingredients
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out by 10:00
- English: OK
Honjin Hiranoya Kachoan is conveniently located close to picturesque streets in Takayama.
Room type and prices
From JPY 25,000 and above
From JPY 30,000 and above
- Different rates are applied for different seasons and room types. Please check with us when you book.
- The rates are per person, per night, for double occupancy. The rate includes dinner and breakfast.
- Service charge are included (exclusive of tax).
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - [Tokaido Shinkansen(bullet train): 1hr. 40 min.] - Nagoya- [JR: Wide View Hida express: 2hrs. 20 min] - Takayama - [5 min: taxi or hotel's bus] - Honjin Hiranoya Kachoan