- Contemporary architecture retaining traditional Japanese style interior
- 55 rooms
Suwa Lake [Nagano Prefecture]
Lake Suwa is a scenic lake located right in the center of Nagano. Suwa area offers us an ideal base for tourists to explore Nagano prefecture abundant with natural and historical assets.
Hotel Saginoyu, situated in front of Lake Suwa, is one of the most established ryokans in Kami-Suwa hot spring town, with more than 100-year history as a hot spring ryokan. Despite modern atmosphere of the town's buildings, once you step inside Saginoyu, warmth of Japanese style seen throughout interior, room and garden will welcome you. The bathing in a large common bath at Saginoyu whose natural hot spring water has a number of therapeutic benefits will surely help you get relaxed. One of the best rooms of the ryokan has a great view of Lake Suwa from the private outdoor bath attached to the room. At dinner, enjoy multi-course menus utilizing locally-grown ingredients.
|Access||Approx. 2 hrs 30 min. from Tokyo|
|Price Range*||16,000yen - 34,000yen/person|
|Environment||Hot spring town on the lake shore of Lake Suwa|
|Private Bath||All rooms equipped with private bath (7 rooms have an outdoor (open-air) bath)|
- Dinner is a Japanese style course meal made mainly with local food
- Large indoor and outdoor hot spring baths (separate gender)
Please note that private baths in your room does not use hot spring water.
- Check in 15:00
- Check out 10:00
- Internet connection: Wi-Fi connection around the lobby
- English :Easy conversational level
Room type and prices
16,000yen - 34,000yen/person
- The rate differs across room types and seasonality. Please check with us when you book.
- The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast, when shared by two guests.
- Service charge are included. Consumption tax plus hot spring tax (150 yen) are added.
- Price for children varies depending on age and requests.
By train (from Tokyo)
- Shinjuku (in Tokyo) - [JR Super Azusa Express : 150 min.] - Kami-suwa Station- [10 min. on foot or 3 min. by taxi] - Hotel Saginoyu
- Sightseeing in the neighborhood (Lake Suwa, Suwa Shrine)
- hiking in near-by areas (Kirigamine)
- Day trips to Matsumoto
- Tsumago and Magome and other sites in Nagano