- Traditional architecture fully renovated into contemporary guest rooms
- 12 rooms with Western-style beds
- Restaurants are located nearby
Obuse [Nagano Prefecture]
Masuichi Kyakuden was established in 2007 by the Ichimura's, the owner of Masuichi Sake Brewery. Masuichi Kyakuden embodied the family's idea of creating a small hotel just like "home far away from your own home" in the heart of Obuse, a town highly recognized for Ukiyo-e artisan Hokusai and locally-grown quality chestnuts.
Masuichi Kyakuden is composed of seven old buildings including earthen store houses which were once owned by local sugar merchant. Twelve appointed rooms, designed by contemporary architect John Morford, are western style with Japanese architectural elements beautifully incorporated. In the private setting, guests can spend a relaxing and quiet moment. There is a library which was renovated from book storage used in the Edo era.
|Access||3 hrs from Tokyo (1.5-hour Shinkansen Superexpress to Nagano, 30 min. local train ride from Nagano station)|
|Price Range *||
|Environment||Historical Obuse Town with charming streets and shops|
|Private Bath||All the rooms are equipped with private bath.|
- Private bath attached to your room
- Standard plan includes dinner and breakfast.
- Japanese dinner utilizing fresh seasonal ingredients is served at Japanese restaurant.
- Breakfast (Western) is served at Italian Restaurant
- Check in from 15:00
- Check out 12:00
- Internet: Wi-fi is available in the lobby. Rental wireless router and LAN cable are available
- English: easy conversation
Room type and prices
|Price Range *||
- Price ranges indicate a general level in regular season. The price is for per person, per night when shared by two guests.
- Prices for this hotel includes dinner and breakfast.
- Please check the rates for your stay by entering the dates through the request form below.
By train (from Tokyo)
- JR Tokyo Station - [JR Nagano Shinkansen "Asama": 1.5 hrs] - Nagano station
From Nagano Station, take Nagano line for 30 mins. From the nearest station, 5 min by taxi.
Sightseeing (Obuse town, Nagano city, Jigokudani Valley for snow monkeys)