- 19 guestrooms, most of which are in Japanese style
Dogo Onsen [Ehime]
Yamatoya Besso, a small luxury Japanese style hotel in Dogo Onsen with only 19 rooms, is an authentic Japanese traditional ryokan reputed for its omotenashi - a hospitality in which a dedicated room attendant serves for your comfort throughout your stay. At Yamatoya Besso, each room with a unique interior designed for the beauty of simplicity by carpentry techniques is decorated with calligraphy of haiku poems by writers associated with this historic hot spring town of Dogo. This is a place for a genuine Japanese experience of enjoying a natural hot spring, delicious food served privately in your room, simple but beautiful artwork throughout the building, and their sincere spirit of hospitality.
30 min. from Matsuyama Airport by car5 min. walk from Dogo Onsen Station
|Environment||Located in the center of Dogo Onsend spa town|
|Private Bath||Private bath equipped in each room|
- Dinner and breakfast are served in your room by your room attendant.
- Kaiseki cuisine dinner is arranged every month with seasonal delicacy and ingredients from the rich nature of Ehime Prefecture.
- A well-balanced breakfast can be chosen from either Japanese or Western style, which is delicious to the mouth and beautiful to the eyes.
- Indulge yourself in a famous natural hot spring of famous Dogo Onsen. Shared bath has both open-air bath and indoor bath.
- In a lounge beside a large bath room, there is a beer server for you to enjoy icy-cold draft beer after hot spring.
- Private bath is installed to each room.
- Check in from 15:00
- Check out by 11:00
Room type and prices
19 guest rooms at Yamatoya Besso
- Japanese-style Suite "Ume" with 3 tatami rooms (83 sqm) with a private open-air bath
- Japanese-style Suite "Tsubaki" with 2 tatami rooms (67 sqm) with a private open-air bath
- Japanese-Western style Suite "Momo" with 1 tatami room and 1 Western dining room (56 sqm) with private semi open-air bath
- Japanese-style room "Sakura" (50 sqm) with a private open-air bath
- Japanese-Western style Suite "Jinchoge" with 2 tatami rooms with beds and 1 traditional tea room (96 sqm)
- Japanese-Western style Suite "Sazanka" with 1 tatami room with beds and 1 tatami living room (67 sqm)
- Japanese Premium Suite with 2 tatami rooms (83 sqm)
- Japanese Junior Suite with 2 tatami rooms (67 sqm)
- Japanese Deluxe Suite with 2 tatami rooms (60 sqm)
- Japanese Superior room with 1 tatami room (53 sqm)
Tokyo - [1.5 hours by air] - Matsuyama Airport - [30 min. by car] - Yamatoya Besso
From Shimanami (cycling)
About 1-hour by car from Imabari, southern end of Shimanami cycling
Nearby Sightseeing Spots
After enjoying its healing waters, take a stroll around or riding on a rickshaw in town in yukata robe.
Matsuyama Castle (10 min by tram, bus or car)
Shimanami Kaido (1 hour by car or train)
People's purposes of making a pilgrimage are varied. Some come for religious reasons, some to get away from regular life, and some to reflect and find themselves. Walking on the pilgrimage route with steep mountain roads and stone steps in pastoral countryside or along calm coastal area will be a spiritual journey.
Though it takes 40-50 days to complete walking throughout, Michi Travel Japan is happy to help you hike some of the pilgrimage route that allows you to connect with local community and tradition. If you would like to experience Shikoku Pilgrimage as a day trip from Matsuyama or Dogo Onsen, we suggest the following private tour
Shikoku Pilgrimage 1day Experience Private Tour in Ehime