- 7 guestrooms, all being the suite style
- Infinity Pool: 30m-long outdoor swimming pool, reaching out to the surface of Seto Inland Sea
- Private swimming pool with a hot-spring jacuzzi and a sauna with views of garden
- The Elleair Golf Club, a distinguished golf course within the hotel premise
This exceptional architecture built by the world-renowned architect Tadao Ando serves as a small luxury hotel with only 7 rooms in total, all of which being suite rooms. Retreat Setouchi Aonagi is situated atop a hill with a sweeping view of Seto Inland Sea in the distance, yet within reach of Matsuyama or Dogo's attractions by car. Take in and enjoy the luxury of total tranquility found only in this place. The contemporary artwork of Frank Stella, Yutaka Ono and Rieko Kawabe are elegantly integrated throughout the minimalistic interior of this boutique hotel.
|Accommodation Type||Luxury Hotel|
|Access||50 min. from Matsuyama Airport by car
35 min. from JR Matsuyama Station by car
|Environment||Located in lush mountain of Seto Inland Sea National Park|
|Private Bath||Private bath equipped in each room|
- Dinner and breakfast are served in the hotel restaurant
- Abundant ingredients from Setouchi area are carefully selected and cooked into a delicate cuisine
- Private bath is attached to each room
- Please note that private bath in the guest room is not hot spring bath, except Hot Spring Suite.
- Check in from 15:00
- Check out by 11:00
Room type and prices
7 guestrooms at Retreat Setouchi Aonagi
- The Aonagi Suite (170 sqm): a maisonette presidential suite with a living room on the first floor and a bathroom with a jacuzzi and a bedroom on the second floor
- Hot Spring Suite with Forest View (103 sqm): a bedroom with a forest views, and a private open-air bath space
- Hot Spring Suite with Panoramic View (103 sqm): a bedroom with a panoramic view of the Seto Inland Sea and a private open-air bath space
- 4-Bed Suite (103 sqm): a living room and 2 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom
- Garden Suite (106 sqm): A living room with private balcony and a bedroom
From TokyoTokyo - [1.5 hours by air] - Matsuyama Airport - [50 min. by car] - Retreat Setouchi Aonagi
From Matsuyama StationMatsuyama Station - [30 min. by car] - Retreat Setouchi Aonagi
Nearby Sightseeing Spots
Dogo Onsen (30 min. by car)
After enjoying its healing waters, take a stroll around or riding on a rickshaw in town in yukata robe.
Matsuyama Castle (30 min. by car)
Shimanami Kaido (1 hour by car)
People's purposes of making a pilgrimage are varied. Some come for religious reasons, some to get away from regular life, and some to reflect and find themselves. Walking on the pilgrimage route with steep mountain roads and stone steps in pastoral countryside or along calm coastal area will be a spiritual journey.
Though it takes 40-50 days to complete walking throughout, Michi Travel Japan is happy to help you hike some of the pilgrimage route that allows you to connect with local community and tradition. If you would like to experience Shikoku Pilgrimage as a day trip from Matsuyama or Dogo Onsen, we suggest the following private tour
Shikoku Pilgrimage 1day Experience Private Tour in Ehime