- 12 rooms with either Seto Inland Sea or vast garden view
- All rooms are with tatami straw mat floor
- Outdoor, semi-outdoor or indoor private baths in each room
- Garden of 5,000sqm faced with the Seto Inland Sea
- Wine cellar, library and a variety of salons
Miyahama Onsen [Hiroshima Prefecture]
Sekitei, known as "Garden Ryokan", is nestled on the small hill overlooking Miyajima and the Seto Inland Sea. Sekitei has gained high reputation as a small luxury ryokan among guests visiting Miyajima and Hiroshima.
Their Shakkei-style garden which utilizes the views of surrounding mountains and ocean, has been rated as one of the best gardens by America's "Journal of Japanese Gardening" magazine for consecutive years. The garden blends in with natural scenery such as rocky mountains and small islands in the sea, entertaining guests with its contrasts of all four seasons.
In the vast garden, there are only 12 appointed rooms and 7 of them are detached cottage type. Authentic Japanese-style rooms are in different design, and guests can enjoy a view of Japanese garden from each room. In the evening, kaiseki cuisine using local vegetables and fresh seafood from the Seto Inland Sea will be served in your room. Enjoy your meal with a glass of wine or Japanese sake from the ryokan's cellar. In the ryokan there are common hot spring baths.
|Accommodation Type||Japanese ryokan|
|Access||30-40 minutes from Hiroshima station (using local train or taxi)|
|Price Range*||31,000yen - 36,000yen/per person (+ taxes)|
|Environment||Quiet area on the other side of Miyajima Island|
|Private Bath||All rooms equipped with private bath, 1 chartered family bath|
- Dinner and breakfast are served in guest rooms.
- Dinner is modern Japanese full-course cuisine with carefully chosen seasonal local seafood and vegetables.
- All rooms are equipped with outdoor, semi-outdoor or indoor private heated mineral spring baths
- 2 shared outdoor and 2 indoor hot spring baths
- 1 chartered family bath with heated mineral spring for private use
- Check in 15:20
- Check out 10:20
- English: Easy conversation
Room type and prices
- There are a variety of rooms available at Sekitei. Please contact us for availability.
- The rate per person per night is 31,000yen - 36,000yen, including dinner and breakfast, based on double occupancy, including service charge. Tax is added.
- Different prices will be applied depending on season. Please check with us.
■ Credit card
VISA / AMEX / MASTER / Dinners / JCB
By train (from Tokyo/Kyoto)
- JR Tokyo station - [Super Express Train "Nozomi": 3hr 55min] - JR Hiroshima Station
- JR Kyoto station - [Super Express Train "Nozomi": 1hr 36min] - JR Hiroshima Station
**Pick-up/drop-off service by ryokan is available between Onoura station and the ryokan. Reservation is required.
Sightseeing (Miyajima, Itsukushima shrine, Mt. Misen)