- 22 guestrooms
- Lounge and gallery
- Community bathhouse in sister property
Setoda [Onomichi, Hiroshima]
Azumi Setoda is a refined Japanese ryokan quietly nestled on Ikuchi island, a small island in the Seto Inland Sea area (Setouchi region). Ikuchi island is one of the six islands on the Shimanami cycling route, Japan's most famous, yet family-friendly island-hopping cycling course.
Azumi Setoda is housed in a 140-year-old estate that originally belonged to the influential Horiuchi Family. The old and historical building was revitalized by an architect trained in Sukiya-style of Japanese architecture and restored to integrate tradition and modernity.
There are only 22 guestrooms with a thoughtful blend of traditional ryokan comforts and contemporary amenities. Guests can spend a pleasant and comfortable time in the spacious room exclusively made with Japanese materials such as cedar and cypress.
Azumi Setoda's dining service features vegetables from Setoda and other areas in the Setouchi region, and dishes using French methods, served with plates inherited from the Horiuchi family head of the family.
We source as much of the ingredients used for dinner as possible from within a 50 km radius. This is Chef Akita's commitment to experiencing the 'flavor' of the ingredients from the Setouchi area. He visits the farms himself and talks with each producer to deepen his understanding of the producer and the ingredients. He then creates dishes that are cooked and seasoned to bring out the best in the ingredients.
Experience an exclusive stay and immerse yourself in a warm hospitality at Azumi Setoda truly rooted in the local culture and lifestyle on a small island in Setouchi.
|Accommodation Type||Luxury Ryokan|
|Access||1 hour from Hiroshima Airport by car|
|Environment||Quietly situated in Setoda town, Ikuchi island|
|Private Bath||All-cypress bath in each room|
- Dinner and breakfast are served in a dining room.
- Abundant ingredients from Setouchi area will be carefully selected and utilized.
- Dinner and breakfast are served on antique plates inherited from the former Horiuchi estate.
- Cypress bath is attached to each room.
- Setoda's community bathhouse "yubune" is located just across the street. Staying guests can use all facilities for free of charge.
- Check in from 16:00
- Check out by 12:00
- English: Yes
Room type and prices
There are 22 guestrooms at Azumi Setoda. All rooms have cypress bathtub.
- Niwa (50 sqm): 1st floor, with a small garden
- Suzumi (50 sqm): 2nd floor, with a private balcony
- Sora-suzumi (70 sqm): Two story rooms, a bed room on the ground floor and a Tatami room on the second floor with a spacious balcony
- Niwa-suzumi (70 sqm): Two story rooms, a bed room on the ground floor with a garden and a Tatami room on the second floor with a spacious balcony
Niwa and Suzumi are intended for two guests. Sora-suzumi and Niwa-suzumi is suitable for three guests with extra futon.
62,315 JPY/person or above
Price differs depending on the room and seasons. Please check when you book. The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
From TokyoTokyo - [1.5 hours by air] - Hiroshima Airport - [1 hour by car or taxi] - Azumi Setoda
From OsakaShin Osaka Station - [1 hour 15 minutes by Shinkansen] - Fukuyama Station - [50 minutes by car or taxi] - Azumi Setoda
- From central Hiroshima (public transportation or car)
Hiroshima Station - [30 minutes by Shinkansen] - Mihara Station - [5 minutes on foot] - Mihara port - [25 minutes by high speed boat] - Azumi Setoda
Hiroshima Station - [1.5 hours by car or taxi] - Azumi Setoda
- From Fukuyama station (public transportation or car)
Fukuyama Station - [20 minutes by local train] - Onomichi Station - [5 minutes on foot] - Onomichi port - [35 minutes by high speed boat] - Azumi Setoda
Fukuyama Station - [50 minutes by car or taxi] - Azumi Setoda