- 39 guest rooms and 3 sukiya-zukuri style villas
- All rooms are equipped with a shower and a private bath.
- 3 guest rooms with an open-air hot spring bath
- 8 guest rooms with an open-air bath
- Traditional Thai massage
- Garden Lounge
Kotohira Kadan [Kagawa Prefecture]
With the history of 400 years, Kotohira Kadan is a long-established ryokan located close to Kotohiragu Shrine, commonly known as Kompira-san in Kagawa Prefecture in Shikoku.
Enjoy a peaceful moment strolling around its beautiful Japanese landscape garden and relaxing in the public open-air hot spring bath overlooking Mt. Iino and the historical town of Kotohira. The beauty of this ryokan has attracted distinguished Japanese writers and poets of the past, such as Ogai Mori, Hakushu Kitahara, and Akiko Yosano.
Kotohira Kadan offers various kinds of guest rooms. If you are looking for purely traditional experiences, staying at the traditional sukiya-zukuri style villa is highly recommended. They also have contemporary Japanese bed rooms. All the rooms are equipped with a shower, a private bath, or a private open-air bath.
Japanese full-course dinner and breakfast utilizing local ingredients are also highlights of the stay in this ryokan. Local gourmet products including fresh seafood from Seto Inland Sea, Sanuki Cochin (chicken), Sanuki beef, Sanuki Yumebuta pork, and famous Udon noodles can fully be enjoyed.
|Access||2 hours from Tokyo by domestic flight and bus
2 hours from Osaka by bullet train and express train
|Price Range *||
|Environment||Conveniently located in the heart of Kotohira town, known as the shrine town of renowned Kotohiragu Shrine|
|Room||39 guest rooms and 3 sukiya-zukuri style villas|
|Private Bath||All rooms are equipped with a shower, a private bath, or a private open-air bath
2 chartered family baths
- Dinner and breakfast are served either in a guest room or a dining room.
- Dinner is a full course Japanese kaiseki with seasonal ingredients.
- 2 outdoor and 2 indoor shared hot spring baths and 2 saunas
- 2 chartered open-air hot spring baths
- Check in from 15:00
- Check out 10:00 (or 11:00 at some rooms)
- English: Yes
Room type and prices
There area many types of rooms available.
- 3 traditional sukiya-zukuri style villas
- 1 Japanese Western style suite with an open-air bath
- 3 Japanese Western style rooms with an open-air hot spring bath
- 4 Japanese style rooms with an open-air bath
- 3 twin bed rooms with an open-air bath
- 2 Japanese Western style suites
- 3 twin bed rooms
- 1 triple bed room
- 22 Japanese style rooms
16,500 - 57,200 JPY/ person
Prices differ depending on the room. Please check when you book.
The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
- 2 hours from Tokyo by domestic flight and bus
- Osaka - Okayama 1 hour by bullet train
- Okayama - Kotohira 1 hour by express train
Seto Inland Sea, Kotohira-gu (Kompira-san)