- 15 rooms (including villa-type rooms)
- Restaurant Le Paysage
- Shochu bar La Nuit
Biwako, Northern Shiga
L'HÔTEL DU LAC is a small luxury hotel quietly nestled near the shore of Lake Biwa Biwako. Easily accessible from Osaka or Kyoto, the hotel offers unparalleled pristine natural surroundings. Slow down your travel pace and get rejuvenated at L'HÔTEL DU LAC, savoring reputed French cuisine featuring local produce. During your stay, you can visit holy Chikubu-shima island on Lake Biwa that can be overlooked from hotel, enjoy local gourmet that Lake Biwa's rich ingredients offer, or just get relaxed at hotel's SPA.
|Accommodation Type||Small Luxury Hotel|
|Access||1.5 hrs from Kyoto (directly by car, or local train plus complimentary pick-up from the closest station)
3 hrs from Tokyo (Shinkansen super-express plus taxi ride from Maibara station)
|Price Range *||
|Environment||Serene natural surrounding near the shore of Lake Biwa, north of Shiga|
|Private Bath||All the rooms are equipped with private bath.|
Restaurant Le Paysage offers an elegant French cuisine that uses local Japanese produce varying with the seasons.
The hotel's therapist offers treatments such as aromatherapy and body treatment, deep cleansing and facial treatments.
- Check in from 15:00.
- Check out 13:00
- Internet: WiFi available
- English: OK
Room type and prices
Photo of the above is villa types. Luxury Suites and Luxury Theater Rooms are in the main building.
|Room Category||Price||Room Size|
|Luxury Suite||From 53,690 JPY or above||80 sqm|
|Luxury Theater Room||From 40,150 JPY or above||40 sqm|
|Villa Italia||From 43,365 JPY or above||60 sqm|
|Villa Asia||From 43,365 JPY or above||60 sqm|
|Villa Scandinavia||From 43,365 JPY or above||60 sqm|
|Villa Japan||From 43,365 JPY or above||60 sqm|
- Prices indicated above are per person, per night, for double occupancy, including dinner and breakfast.
- Consumption tax and service charges are included.
- Price differs depending on the season. Please ask us for details when you make a reservation.
- Price for children differs depending on age and food.
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo station -[JR: Shinkansen: 2 hrs. 10 mins.] - JR Maibara station - [50 mins. by taxi] - L'Hôtel du Lac
By train (from Kyoto)
- Kyoto station -[JR: Shinkansen: 20 mins.] - JR Maibara station - [50 mins. by taxi] - L'Hôtel du Lac
- Kyoto station -[JR: Local Kosei Line: 50-70 mins.] - JR Omi Imazu station - [30 mins. by complimentary pick-up] - L'Hôtel du Lac
By train (from Kanazawa)
- Kanazawa station - [JR: Express Train: 2hrs.] - JR Maibara station - [50 mins. by taxi] - L'Hôtel du Lac
From Kansai International Airport
- Private car by 3hrs
Relax, Sightseeing in northern lake Biwa such as Chikubu island, Nagahama