- Main building of wooden architecuture (21 rooms) and contemporary new wing opened in 2006 (7 rooms)
- 28 rooms (bed type 1)
- Most rooms are equipped with a bath and western toilet （except for 4 rooms: 2 rooms with toilet only, 2 rooms without bath and toilet)
Central Kyoto [Kyoto Prefecture]
As you step inside Hiiragiya, you will be enchanted by the elegance of the finest traditional Japanese style ryokan. The serenity in Hiiragiya makes you feel as if you are in another universe compared to the bustle a few blocks away. The wooden main building built in 1818 and modern new wing opened in 2006 are architectually unified beautifully, both offering traditional flair and luxurious comfort. Guests at Hiiragiya are impressed by the impeccable attentison to details of craftsmen in every part of the decor in the room, inside the garden and food. Enjoy the highest quality Kyoto Kaiseki cuisine made with the freshest seasonal ingredients.
Yasunari Kawabata, Nobel Laureate in Literature, loved to stay in Hiiragiya. "As if returning home" was the way he felt when he stayed here and that is still the same way many guests from all around the world feel today.
|Access||Approx. 2 hrs 30 min. from Tokyo (10 min. from Kyoto Station by taxi)|
|Price Range*||30,000yen - 90,000yen/person + tax|
|Environment||In the street with time-honored Kyoto atmosphere (Neighboorhood of the commercial and business district)|
|Room||28 (24 with both bath and toilets)|
|Private Bath||Most rooms are equipped with bath. A chartered family bath for private use.|
Please ask us for details when you book through us.
- Dinner and breakfast are served in your room or in a restaurant in the new wing.
- Dinner is a Kyoto style Kaiseki course made with seasonal ingredients.
- Room baths are made of pine tree.
- Check in from 15:00.
- Check out 11:00
- Internet: possible in the new wing / desk top PC in the lobby
- English: OK
Room type and prices
30,000 - 90,000 yen ／person
- per person, per night including dinner and breakfast on weekdays in regular season.
- Includes service charge. Taxes are added.
- Different prices will be applied on weekend and in peak seasons.
- Prices for childeren are 50% or 70% of the above depending on age and food.
- Each room is different in size and atmosphere. Prices differ for each type of room. Please consult with us when booking.
■ Credit card
Visa / JCB / Master / Amex / Diners
By train （from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - (JR Shinkansen Nozomi super express: 2 hrs. 20 min.) - Kyoto station - (Taxi : 10 min. ) - Hiiragiya
From Kansai International Airport
- About 2 hrs by train, shuttle bus or shuttle taxi