- Treasured traditional Japanese style architecture
- 9 Japanese style rooms (5 rooms with bath and toilet, 2 rooms with toilet only, 2 rooms without bath and toilet)
Nara Park [Nara Prefecture]
Kankaso is a small traditional Japanese style ryokan, which was originally used as a sub-temple of Todaiji temple. The collections of art combined with a beautiful garden and architecture are admired by guests from all around the world.
As the name Kanka (watch deer, in Japanese) suggests, you can see deer roaming around once you step out of the inn. Inside the inn, however, lies a serene atmosphere where you can feel the ancient ambience of Nara.
Its prominent location in front of Nandai gate, main gate of Todaiji temple, offers you an opportunity for a tranquil morning stroll in Nara park, Kasuga Taisha shrine and Todaiji temple.
|Access||Approx. 1hr. from Kyoto, 3hrs. 10 min. from Tokyo|
|Price Range*||From 21,000yen/person|
|Environment||In the heart of Nara Park (Close to Nandai Gate, Todaiji's main gate)|
|Private Bath||5 rooms equipped with bath. One family bath for exclusive use.|
Please check when booking.
- Dinner is a Japanese Kaiseki course full of seasonal ingredients.
- Two shared baths (separate gender)
- A Chartered family bath (reservation needed)
- Check in from 15:30
- Check out 10:00
- Intenet connection: No
- English: easy conversation
Room type and prices
From 21,000yen per person
- Every room is traditional Japanese style room. Each room has different appeal.
- Prices are per peson for double occupancy including dinner and breakfast during normal season.
- Prices differ depending the view and season.
- Prices include tax and service charges.
- Price for childeren differs depending on age and food.
■ Credit card
By train （from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - (JR Shinkansen Nozomi super express: 2 hrs. 20 min.) - Kyoto station - Kintetsu (or JR): 40 min. - Nara station - Taxi: 5 min.
From Kansai International Airport
- Limousine bus: 1hr. 30 min.
Convenient location for exploring major attractions in Nara (Nara park, Kasuga shrine and Todaiji are within walking distance. Yakushi-ji and Horyu-ji can be visited by train or taxi.)