- 9 rooms with Japanese traditional style
- Restaurant on the first floor
Gion, Higashiyama [Kyoto Prefecture]
Yuzuya ryokan is a recently remodeled ryokan under the concept of "Japanese Auberge". Although Yuzuya ryokan is a small Japanese ryokan with only 9 rooms, it is very popular for nice blends of modern and traditional design.
The name "Yuzu" means citron in Japanese. A delicate fragrance of citron fills the air of the Ryokan. Yuzus are floated in the common bath providing a relaxing effect. They are also used in a captivating creative cuisines adding rich flavors.
Few other inns can match its location next to Yasaka Shrine, convenient for sightseeing around Kyoto's main attractions including Kiyomizu temple and Gion.
|Access||Approx. 2 hrs 30 min. from Tokyo (15 min. from Kyoto Station by taxi)|
|Price Range*||30,000yen - 36,000yen/person + service charge (10%)|
|Environment||In the heart of Gion area (Eastern part of Kyoto)|
|Private Bath||All rooms equipped with bath|
Please check when booking.
- Dinner and breakfast are served in the restaurant on the first floor
- Dinner is a Japanese Kaiseki course. Enjoy the variety of popular dishes such as a fragrant citrus dish.
- The company operates restaurants in Kyoto. It is, for example, possible to have a dinner in the ryokan on day 1 and in one of the group restaurants in Kyoto on day 2.
- All rooms equipped with baths
- Chartered family bath with citrus aroma
- Check in from 15:00
- Check out 11:00
- Intenet connection: wireless connection available around lobby area
- English: OK
Room type and prices
30,000, 33,000, 36,000yen depending on the room type.
- Rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
- Consumption tax is inlcuded. Service charge (10%) is not included.
- On Saturday and eve of national holidays, prices are different. Top seasons also have different prices. Please check when booking.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot stay. Prices for elementary school students are either 50% or 70% of the adult rate.
■ Credit cards
Visa / Master / JCB / Amex / Diners
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - (JR Shinkansen Nozomi super express: 2 hrs. 20 min.) - Kyoto Station - (Taxi : 15 min. ) - Yuzuya Ryokan
From Kansai International Airport
- About 2 hrs by train, shuttle bus or shuttle taxi
Kyoto sightseeing (convenient location for exploring Higashiyama district)