- 161 guest rooms (22 suites)
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Complimentary visit to Thermal Spring onsen and gym
- Turndown service (upon request, available from 6pm to 9pm)
- Pillow service (upon request)
- Complimentary Internet connection in the guest rooms
- Check-in time: 3pm, Check-out time: 12pm
Nijo Castle area, Kyoto
Newly opened in November 2020, HOTEL THE MITSUI KYOTO is a luxury hotel located prominently in front of Nijo Castle, a World Heritage Site.
The hotel sits on the land of the former residence of the Mitsui family, one of the most prestigious industrial and merchant families in Japan. Centuries-old treasures, which blend harmoniously with its modern property, remind us of the roots of this special place. Historical Kajimiya Gate welcomes guests with its imposing appearance at the entrance.
There are 161 refined guest rooms, including 22 suites. Guests can spend a pleasant moment in a spacious modern room decorated with Japanese traditional artworks such as Nishijin-ori textile and "Kokedama" moss ball plant.
A majestic view of Nijo Castle can be appreciated in 25 rooms, while many of the other rooms offer the views of the courtyard garden, tranquil inner garden.
The exceptional pleasure here is Thermal Spring, onsen using natural spring water. Indulge yourself in a relaxed yet otherworldly atmosphere. For guests seeking to unwind in a private onsen, there are two private onsens (time-based reservation required). If you want a private onsen in your rooms, two Onsen suite rooms, located on the basement floor, serve as a perfect retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet with natural sunlight through a cozy inner garden.
Refined dining areas all face the expansive courtyard garden that captures the beauty of each season. Savor creative dishes utilizing local fresh ingredients in the perfect combination of Japanese and Western culinary delights. Private dining or special events can be held in SHIKI-NO-MA, Japanese traditional style architecture that is another heritage of the former Mitsui Family residence.
The hotel's exquisite property and flawless hospitality promise your memorable stay in the ancient capital of Japan.
Guest Rooms & Rate
- Two distinguished restaurants, "TOKI (Gastronomy Teppan)" and "FORNI (Italian Cuisine) and "The Garden Bar
- SHIKI-NO-MA, a Japanese traditional style architecture for private dining or special events
- Spa treatment
- Thermal Spring (onsen)
- Private onsen (2 rooms, time-based reservation required)
Special experience including HOTEL THE MITSUI KYOTO Ambassador Curated Art Tour and taste a bowl of tea at Chakyo, a cozy space for tea ceremony.
- From Nijojo-mae Station (Subway Tozai Line): 5 minutes by walk
- From Karasuma Oike Station (Subway Karasuma Line): 12 minutes by walk
- From Kyoto Station: approx. 15 minutes by taxi
- From Kansai International Airport (KIX): approx. 100 minutes by car
- From Osaka International Airport (ITM): approx. 60 minutes by car