- Architecture with atmosphere which re-used farmhouses and merchant houses
- 36 rooms. There are a variety of room types.
- Vast landscape garden where you can stroll
- Free parking lot
Minamiuonuma, Niigata Prefecture
Minamiuonuma, Niigata is the area filled with beautiful farm village landscape. The landscape of mountains, streams and rice fields reminds us of old Japan. The area is well known for Koshihikari, considered to be the best rice in Japan.
Ryugon is the finest Japanese style ryokan in this area. Ryugon's architecture is grand utilizing a number of traditional Japanese farmhouses revived for accommodation. You are greeted with warm hospitality by the dedicated staff. Gorgeous garden and great hot spring will surely rejuvenate your body and soul.
If you love hot spring and Japanese cuisine, you will feel like coming back to Ryugon to do nothing but relaxing in different seasons. In summer, the surrounding area are all green. In winter, sake and great food after soaking in outdoor hot spring in the heavy snow leaves nothing to be desired.
|Accommodation Type||Traditional Ryokan|
|Access||Approx. 2 hrs - 2.5 hrs. from Tokyo|
|Price Range*||25,000yen - 45,000yen/person (exclusive of taxes) including dinner and breakfast|
|Environment||Local village in a valley surrounded by mountains|
|Private Bath||1 family bath for exclusive use
Most rooms equipped with private bath
Please check when booking.
- Dinner is served in your room or a private room in the restaurant. If you prefer table and chairs, please let us know.
- Dinner course with emphasis on freshwater fish, local vegetables and meat.
- Breakfast: Basically Japanese breakfast is served. If you prefer western style breakfast, please let us know.
- 100 % pure hot spring with a variety of medical benefits
- Two large baths, one for gentlemen, anther for ladies.
- One chartered family bath for private use.
- Check in from 14:30. Dinner course starts no later than 19:30.
- Check out 11:00
- Internet connection: If you bring PC, cable will be provided for the use in some rooms and coffee room.
- English: Yes
Room Types and Prices
All the rooms are different. Please check with us different prices for different rooms. We will let you know available room types.
Prices: 25,000yen - 45,000yen/person including dinner and breakfast (taxes are added)
- The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
- Service charge and consumption tax are included.
- During special season such as Golden week (Japanese holiday season from end of April to early May) and New Year Holidays, prices are different. Please check with us when you book.
- Price for children varies depending on age and requests.
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - [Joetsu Shinkansen: 80 min.] - Echigo Yuzawa station- [Taxi: 30 min] - Ryugon
- Tokyo - [Joetsu Shinkansen: 80 min.] - Echigo Yuzawa station- [JR Local Train by 20 min] - Muikamachi station - [Shuttle bus by 5 min.]- Ryugon
- Hot spring
- Skiing in winter