- The historical building is a registered national tangible cultural property.
- A classical taste interior with antique furniture
Nikko [Tochigi Prefecture]
Nikko Kanaya Hotel, the oldest western-style hotel in Japan, was established in 1873. Back then, many foreign diplomats and intellectuals based in Tokyo visited this resort hotel to escape the heat of summer. Dr. Albert Einstein and Helen Keller also lodged in this hotel when they came to Japan. You can feel the history of the hotel from the stately building which is a mixture of Japanese and Western architecture.
There are 71 rooms in 4 wings. You can choose either a room with a classical Japanese-Western mixuture decor or a modernly remodeled interior.
|Accommodation Type||Western hotel (4wings)|
|Access||Approx. 2 hrs. from Tokyo|
|Price Range*||From 20,000yen or above/person incl. tax and service charge|
|Environment||On a hill overlooking Nikko Toshogu and mountains|
|Private Bath||Rooms with bath 68, chartered bath 1|
* Per person per night for double occupancy, weekdays on regular seasons. Dinner and breakfast are included. Prices differ across seasonality and room types. Please check when booking.
- Breakfast, Lunch, French course dinner can be taken at the Dining room (100 seats)
- Japanese restaurant "Yashio" (26 seats), and lounge "Maple Leaf" (80 seats) are also available
- Also enjoy the Bar "Dacite"
- Internet Connection [lobby, each room with the use of equipment lent at the front desk]
- Check in 15:00
- Check out 11:00
- English use OK
Room type and prices
|Twin with Shower||20,196||21,924|
(unit = yen)
* Saturdays, Night before public holidays, Friday holidays
- The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
- Service charge, consumption tax (8%) are included.
- Child using a bed is charged.
- Prices for peak seasons (e.g. New Year days, Golden week, etc) will differ from the above chart. Please check with us.
■ Credit card
Visa / Master / Amex
By train (from Tokyo)
- Asakusa Station - [Tobu Nikko line: 1hr 50min] - Tobu Nikko Station - [Taxi: 5min]
- Tokyo Station - [JR Tohoku Shinkansen: 50min] - JR Utsunomiya Station - [JR Nikko line: 45min] - JR Nikko Station - [Taxi 5min]
By car (from Tokyo)
- Urawa IC - [Tohoku Highway: 98km] - Utsunomiya IC -[Nikko Utsunomiya Highway: 25km] - Get off at Nikko IC - [Local road: 10min]
- Visiting the World heritage (Nikko Toshogu Shrine, Rinnoji Temple, and Futarasan Shrine)
- Chuzenji Lake
- Kegon Fall
- Kirifuri Highland
- Tamosawa Park to Commemorate the Former Imperial Villa