- Architectures are registered as cultural assets.
- 25 rooms. 12 rooms with private bath and toilet. 8 rooms with toilet only. 5 rooms without private toilet and bath.
Shuzenji [Shizuoka Prefecture]
Shuzenji is a peaceful onsen town situated in the green surroundings of central Izu. The town's onsen is the oldest in Izu, with about 1200 years of history. Arai Ryokan is a traditional Japanese style luxury ryokan which lies in the heart of Shuzenji. The rooms, all with different historical charms, have either a view of Katsuragawa river or a Japanese style garden, both offering beautiful scenery of the changing four seasons. The ryokan has 15 registered national cultural properties. You can take part in the guided tour of these properties, offered both in Japanese and English.
|Access||Approx. 1hr 45 min. from Tokyo|
|Price Range*||23,910 yen - 75,750 yen/person|
|Environment||Historical hot spring resort in green surrounding / River|
|Private Bath||3 baths for exclusive use
12 rooms equipped with private bath
- Dinner and breakfast are served in your room.
- Dinner is a kaiseki cuisine with more than 10 dishes using seasonal local ingredients.
- 100 % pure hot spring with a variety of medical benefits
- Two large indoor baths (including Tenpyo Dai Yokujo of historical value) and one outdoor bath.
- Two chatered family baths for private use.
- Check in from 15:00 - Check out 11:00
- Internet connection: You can use a desktop PC at the lobby.
- English: OK
Room type and prices
|Suite room Yoshino||BT||70,000||60,000||50,000|
|Deluxe room Kiri-no-toh||BT||30,000||27,000||25,000|
|Superior room Yuki||BT||25,000||23,000||22,000|
|Standard room Ayame||T||23,000||21,000||20,000|
|Standard room Tuki||T||23,000||21,000||20,000|
|Standard room Kasumi||without BT||22,000||20,000||19,000|
|Detached house Momiji||BT||35,000||31,000||29,000|
- The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
- Bath tax and consumption tax are to be added.
- The rates are basically for regular seasons from Sunday night to Friday night. On Saturday night and eve of national holidays, different prices are applied. Please check with us when you book.
- In peak seasons or on special days, prices are different. Please check with us when you book.
- Price for children varies depending on age and requests.
■ Credit card
VISA / JCB / MASTER / AMEX / Diners
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - (Shinkansen Kodama express: 1hr) - Mishima - (Izu-Hakone-Railway: 35 min) - Shuzenji - (Taxi 5 min) or (Bus: 10 min to Shuzenji) - Arai ryokan
By car (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - (Tomei Express: 1hr.) - Numazu IC - (R136: 1hr.) - Arai ryokan
- Soak in hot spring
- Stroll around Shuzenji town (Shuzenji temple, bamboo path, foot bath)