- 29 Japanese rooms, 12 Western rooms on Club Floor (upper floor)
- Lobby lounge
- Cigar Salon
- Spa Casa Blanca
Kinugawa Onsen [Tochigi Prefecture]
Kinugawa Kanaya Hotel is a luxury Japanese-style hotel located in the center of Kinugawa Onsen hot spring town, which is only 30min from Nikko. Following extensive renovation, the hotel reopened in 2012 under the concept "Villa in the Valley" that was loved by John Kanaya, the hotel's founder.
The hotel offers both Japanese and Western rooms, all of which are facing Kinugawa River surrounded by abundant nature. The natural landscape from the rooms changes its color every season, which continuously offers fascinating memory to hotel guests. Especially in October and November, you can enjoy a stunning view of the mountain covered in autumn leaves.
Another highlight is 'Kanaya-style Kaiseki dinner', a pleasant harmony of Japanese kaiseki course and the culinary aesthetics of West, served with heartwarming hospitality.
|Accommodation Type||Japanese Ryokan/Hotel|
|Access||Approximately 2.5 hours from Tokyo by express train|
|Price Range *||From 32,000 yen / person or above (+ tax)|
|Environment||Serene environment, centrally located in Kinugawa Onsen|
|Private Bath||All the rooms are equipped with private bath|
- 'Kanaya-style Kaiseki dinner' with aperitif, amuse, and sweets wagon
- Breakfast with a choice of Western or Japanese set menu
- Dinner and breakfast are served in the restaurant.
- Private bath in your room (some rooms are equipped with private open-air hot spring bath)
- Indoor and open-air hot spring baths separated by gender
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out by 11:00
- Internet: Wi-Fi available
Room Type and Prices
Standard Japanese Room (some are with Western beds)
- From 32,000 yen or above per person on weekdays
- From 36,000 yen or above per person on weekends
Deluxe Japanese Room
- From 40,000 yen or above per person on weekdays
- From 44,000 yen or above per person on weekends
Suite Rooms on Club Floor (upper floor)
- From 44,000 yen or above per person on weekdays
- From 48,000 yen or above per person on weekends
The rates are for per person, per night, based on double occupancy. It includes dinner, breakfast, and service fee. Consumption tax (8%) and hot spring tax (150 yen/person/night) will be added.
Price may differ depending on season. Please check with us.
By Train (from Tokyo)
- Asakusa Station - [Tobu Line 'Liberty Kegon': 2hr 10min] - Kinugawa Onsen Station - [Complimentary Shuttle or 5min walk] - Kinugawa Kanaya Hotel
- There are a few express trains per day that goes directly to Kinugawa Onsen Station from Shinjuku Station.
By Car (from Tokyo)
- It takes about 2.5 hours from Tokyo city center to Kinugawa Onsen.
- Visiting the World Heritage Sites in Nikko
- Kinugawa River Cruise
- Relaxing in hot spring bath