Experience our private tour of Mount Mitake with a licensed local guide.
Sample Itinerary (10-hour tour)
A licensed tour guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby in Tokyo. Enjoy a private tour by local trains (about 1hr45min.), cable car and hike to Mt. Mitake with the height of 929 metre.
Take a cable ride nearly to the top of Mt. Mitake. Then enjoy hiking to Mitake Shrine, established in 90 B.C. as the center of mountain worship in eastern Japan. In old era, Mt. Mitake was praised by major samurais in Kamakura, to pray for their prosperity and the protection against evils. On the approach to the shrine, you will see thatched roofed monasteries and a sacred tree of 1000 years old. You might encounter people under ascetic training in the mountain or in the waterfalls.
Enjoy lunch of mountain herbs and braised river fish at one of the monasteries.(Lunch is included in the tour price.)
Return to the base of Mt. Mitake by cable car. Visit a local sake brewery established in 1702. A staff will explain the process of sake making and the history of brewery. Enjoy tasting fresh sake, and have their sake steamed buns.
Return back to Tokyo by local trains to your hotel in downtown Tokyo, escorted by your guide.
*Upon request, we can arrange an overnight stay at a historical monastery in Mt. Mitake.
*Private tours to Michelin star awarded Mt. Takao also can be arranged
Price for this sample itinerary
(price per group)
|2 persons||3 persons||4 persons|
(10% consumption tax included)
Including: Nationally licensed English-speaking tour guide, admission fees, public transportations, lunch fee at monastery
- The price is for the above sample itinerary.
- We will customize your own tour depending on your interests and time.
- The tour includes hiking. Please make sure that you are in good health, and wearing good shoes (sneakers).
- The contents of the tour may change due to weather conditions. Weekday tour is recommended, since Mt. Mitake is crowded by hikers on weekends, especially in summer and autumn.
- No refunds will be made in case of bad weather conditions. Instead, we will propose Tokyo city tour.
- Local trains to Mitake do not have assigned seats. Though we try to propose the best train schedule, you might have to stand in the train. A private car for the whole trip (From hotel to Mt. Mitake area, and back to hotel) can be arranged for extra price.
- This itinerary assumes starting and ending in Tokyo. If you would like to start or end in other cities, please contact us for the price.
- Please contact for more than 5 persons.
Request for a Mt. Mitake Private Tour
To request for a Mt. Mitake Private Tour, contact us by E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us (03-5213-5040). Please tell us the following information:
- Your name
- Number of persons in the group
- Date of Tour
- Meeting place
- PLaces you would like to visit (or write "recommended travel" if you would like us to plan your day)
- Allergies or food you cannot eat
Please pay by credit card. You will receive an E-mail with an URL where payment can be made online. The page is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure the safety of your credit card information. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners, and JCB.
Request for a Private Tour
Private Tours in other destinations
We can also arrange privately-guided tours in other destinations throughout Japan. Also, your tours can be tailored to your specific interests such as culture, food, and nature.