Miyuki Kitamura is a professional cooking instructor and host of cooking school in Tokyo. She offers a variety of recipes which can be easily cooked at home and introduces Japanese home style cooking and Japanese culture. She is a certified food coordinator, certified vegetable junior sommelier, certified tofu meister and certified kikisake-shi (sake sommelier).
"Washoku" is Japanese traditional cuisine and food culture representing respect and appreciation for nature. It is known as healthy and delicious diet by using various seasonal ingredients and bringing out the best flavor of the ingredients. Along with its simple and sophisticated taste, beautiful presentation utilizing tableware also feasts people's eyes.
This activity will provide you a great opportunity to learn the techniques to cook washoku and deepen your knowledge about Japanese food culture.
Private Online Workshop Program
In this online workshop, you will learn the basic techniques to cook washoku with a professional cooking instructor. The online workshop focuses on popular Japanese dishes which can be easily cooked on your own.
During the workshop, the instructor will teach you how to cook the dishes step by step. Please select 1-time course or 3-times course from the following options.
This is a private activity and the workshop will be held exclusively for you or your family, so we hope you can enjoy the workshop as if you traveled to Japan with your family. Please also enjoy conversation with the instructor and feel free to ask questions during the interactive lesson.
Option 1: 1-time course
- Hand-rolled Sushi Course
Option 2: 3-times course
- Hand-rolled Sushi Course
- Chicken Teriyaki Course
- Foil Steamed Salmon Course
Hand-rolled Sushi Course
- Hand-rolled Sushi
- Sushi Rice
- Japanese Sweet Rolled Omelet
- "Dashi" Japanese Soup Stock
- Miso Soup (Tofu and Wakame Seaweed)
Chicken Teriyaki Course
- Chicken Teriyaki (Grilled Chicken with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce)
- Simmered Eggplant
- Pickled Cucumbers
Foil Steamed Salmon Course
- Foil Steamed Salmon
- Green Beans Dressed with Sesame Dressing
- Egg Soup
Special Package for the Workshop
To make your online workshop more enjoyable, meaningful and as close to a real experience as possible, we are pleased to send you the items used for the workshop to your home.
The package includes the following items:
- A pair of lacquered soup bowls
Lacquerware is one of Japanese representative traditional crafts which has been deeply rooted in our life. It has long history dating back more than thousands of years. Lacquerware itself is light and smooth to touch yet durable by applying many layers of lacquer. High-quality lacquerware can be used as daily items and enriches your dining space.
- 2 pairs of lacquered chopsticks
- 2 sets of chopstick rests
- A square omelet pan made in Japan
It is used to cook "Tamagoyaki" Japanese rolled omelet.
- Digital recipes for the cooking lesson
- A digital booklet for about 4-5 pages created by Michi Travel Japan (sent by e-mail)
The booklet includes the information regarding the online workshop and introduces related destinations you have probably never been to for your next trip.
What to prepare on your side:
- Cooking ingredients, seasonings, cooking utensils, plates
*After we receive your inquiry, we will inform you ｍore detailed information to attend the workshop.
- 1 large screen to watch the workshop
- Please download Zoom for free on a desktop or a mobile device. After you book, we will send you a URL for video call.
Instructor of the Workshop
Example price for 1 zoom account with 2 guests: about 79,000 yen
Example price for 1 zoom account with 2 guests: about 135,000 yen
Including: a private online workshop, a pair of lacquered soup bowls, 2 pairs of lacquered chopsticks, 2 sets of chopstick rests, a Japanese omelet pan, recipes of the lesson, a digital booklet, Michi Travel's service charge and tax.
Not Including: What to prepare on your side indicated above, the delivery fee to your home, and the custom duties.
- Please contact us for details.
- The price changes depending on the number of Zoom account and items we will send.
- You might be asked to make the payment for duties and taxes when you receive the package.
Notes for Online Workshop Program
- This online workshop is a private workshop conducted by a video call, designed for 1 Zoom account and a suitable number of participants is up to about 4 guests. If you would like to join the workshop with another Zoom account of your friends or families who live in a different place, please contact us.
- Duration: about 1.5-2 hours
- Example of time difference between your country and Japan:
|West coast of the U.S.||East coast of the U.S.||France||Singapore|
- Available starting time: 9 AM to 5 PM on weekdays in Japan time
We are pleased to discuss the time and date of online workshop according to your request; however, we hope you understand that the time for online workshop would be limited due to the time difference between your country and Japan.
- The date of online workshop will be about 2 weeks after the official booking since we purchase the items and send them to you.
- Neither Michi Travel Japan nor the instructor is responsible for any injuries caused during the online workshop.
Please contact us through the inquiry form and let us know the following information:
- Your full name
- The program that you are interested
- The number of guests and age range
- Country and area where you live
- Please choose from 1-time course or 3-times course
- Dietary restrictions
- Select a program you are interested
Please contact us through the inquiry form and mention the program that you are interested.
- Discuss details
One of our staffs will send you an email to discuss the details of package and program.
Once details are confirmed, we will send you an URL for online payment. Payment is requested to be made by credit card. For online credit card payment, the page is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure the safety of your credit card information. We accept payment by Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners, JCB.
- Package will be sent
We will send a package with specialties to your home.
- Experience the online workshop
We will send you an URL of the video call and hold a private online workshop.
|Date of cancellation request received by us||Cancellation Charges|
|31 or more days prior to the date of online workshop||10% of the total cost|
|30-8 days prior to the date of online workshop||20% of the total cost|
|7-4 days prior to the date of online workshop||50% of the total cost|
3-0 days prior to the date of online workshop
|100% of the total cost|
- In case of cancellation after the payment is completed by the customer, the amount deducting cancellation charges and the cost for the special package and delivery fee from the amount already paid will be remitted to the bank account specified by the customer.
- Date of cancellation refers to the Date and time when cancellation notice is received by us based on Japan time, instead of the local Date and time when cancellation notice is sent from the customer.