- 8 guest rooms in as main building, 2 guest rooms in an annex, and 5 villa-type houses
- Japanese garden with seasonal landscape
- Private dining rooms
- Souvenir shop
Takachiho Ryokan Shinsen [Miyazaki Prefecture]
Shinsen is an established ryokan quietly situated in the heart of Takachiho town, renowned for magnificent nature of Takachiho gorge and sacred sites related to Shinto mythology, in Miyazaki prefecture in Kyushu. Once you enter the gate with a sacred straw rope, a Japanese scenic garden and warm hospitality will welcome you.
There are only 15 rooms, all of which are spacious and come with either an open-air or an all-cypress bath. Most of the rooms blend Japanese and Western design, retaining traditional atmosphere alongside modern comfort and luxury. If you are looking for a superb relaxing experience, stay at a villa type house to immerse yourself in a private open-air bath with a view of a garden.
For dinner, savor full course Kaiseki meals using locally grown succulent beef and seasonal ingredients in a private dining room. Being certified as a sommelier, the landlady serves you wine best with the meals.
Shinsen is sure to be a perfect choice to unwind and spend a peaceful moment.
|Accommodation Type||Luxury Ryokan|
|Access||2.5 hours from Kumamoto station by car or express bus|
|Price Range *||
|Environment||Quietly situated in the heart of Takachiho town|
|Room||15 (8 guest rooms in a main building, 2 guest rooms in an annex, and 5 villa-type houses)|
|Private Bath||Open-air bath or all-cypress bath in each room|
- Dinner and breakfast are served in a dining room.
- Dinner is a full course Japanese kaiseki with seasonal ingredients.
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out by 11:00
- English: Yes
Room type and prices
There are various types of rooms available in three areas at Shinsen. Please contact us for availability.
- 6 guest rooms with an open-air bath
- 2 guest rooms with an all-cypress bath
- 5 Japanese Western style villas with an open-air bath
- 2 Japanese Western style rooms with an all-cypress bath
33,000 - 110,000 JPY/person
Prices differ depending on the room. Please check when you book.
The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
Please note that guests must be 13 years old or above.
By flight (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - [2 hours by air] - Aso Kumamoto Airport - [2 hours by car or taxi] - Takachiho
By train (from Fukuoka)
- Hakata Station - [30 mins. by bullet train] - Kumamoto Station - [2.5 hours by car or taxi] - Takachiho
Boat ride at Takachiho Gorge and watching traditional sacred dance 'Kagura' at Takachiho Shrine