- Traditional Japanese style architecture
- 10 out of 11 rooms face Matsushima bay.
Matsushima [Miyagi Prefecture]
Matsushima Sakan Shoan is a small Japanese style luxury ryokan quietly nestled in the cape of Matsuhima, one of the three most scenic places in Japan. Shoan, with only 11 rooms, is luxuriously situated in a vast area covered with pine trees. You can enjoy the picturesque ocean views of Matsushima from your room or the bench along the private path in the property. You will be charmed by sophisticated dinner with fresh seafood from the nearby sea.
Enjoy a warm hospitality in harmony with gentle sea breeze of Matsushima at this secluded retreat which will surely rejuvenate yourself.
|Accommodation Type||Luxury Ryokan|
|Access||Approx. 3 hrs from Tokyo|
|Price Range*||34,560yen - 43,200yen /person|
|Environment||In a serene environment faced with Matsuhima Bay|
|Private Bath||All rooms are equipped with private bath|
- Exquisite cuisine using fresh seafood from nearby sea is served. In winter, local oyster is very popular.
- All rooms are equipped wth private baths.
- Shared bath
- Please note that bath is not hot spring
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out 12:00
- English : easy conversation
Room type and prices
34560 yen - 43200 yen including dinner and breakfast
- The rates are per person, per night, in normal seasons.
- Different rates are applied for different seasons and room types. Please check with us when you book.
- Service charge and consumption tax are included.
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo Station [JR: Tohoku bullet train : 2 hrs] - Sendai station - [JR Tohoku Honsen: 25 min] - Matsushima station - [taxi: 20 min] - Shoan
Sightseeing in Matsushima, one of the three most scenic places in Japan