- Japanese traditional style rooms in contemporary sukiya-style architecture
- 21 rooms equipped with baths and western style toilets
Gion, Higashiyama [Kyoto Prefecture]
Take a step into Gion Hatanaka, you will find a haven of mountain-like tranquility which is a sharp contrast to the liveliness of neighboring Yasaka Shrine and Gion.
Gion Hatanaka's interior has an elegant charm within simplicity. You can feel the warmth of natural wood in the large baths and private baths which are made with umbrella pines. Guests of Gion Hatanaka can savor the exquisite Kyoto cuisine using seasonal ingredients including Kyoto Vegetables. Each dish is elaborately served in a manner that will please your palate and eyes. Enjoy the luxury and comfort of serenity at Gion Hatanaka, the privileged place in the heart of Kyoto.
|Access||Approx. 2 hrs 30 min. from Tokyo (15 min. from Kyoto Station by taxi)|
|Price Range*||From 31,000yen/person (+ tax)|
|Environment||Serene environment, contraty to adjacent glamorous area in Gion|
|Private Bath||All rooms are equipped with bath|
- Dinner and breakfast are served in your room.
- Dinner is an exquisite traditional Kyoto style cuisine.
- All rooms have baths made of unbrella pines
- Shared roomy bath is also made with unbrella pines
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out 11:00
- Intenet connection: Wireless connection around the lobby
- English: Yes
Room type and prices
From 31,000 yen/person+tax
From 34,000 yen/person+tax
- Price above is for per-person price in case of twin occupancy.
- Prices differ depending on seasonality and the dinner course. Please ask us for details when you would like to book.
- Prices are based on standard plan (Kyoto-style Kaiseki course)
The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
- Service charge and consumption tax are included.
- Weekend means Saturday and a night before public holidays.
- In peak seasons or on special days, prices are different. Please check with us when you book.
- Extra charges for children vary across ages and services.
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - (JR Shinkansen Nozomi super express: 2 hrs. 20 min.) - Kyoto station - (Taxi 15 min.) - Gion Hatanaka
From Kansai International Airport
- About 2 hrs. 30 min. by train, shuttle bus or shuttle taxi
Kyoto sightseeing (Particularly convenient location for exploring Higashiyama district)