- 15 Japanese room with either Lake Ashi or Mountain view
- All rooms are with tatami straw mat floor and Hori Gotatsu, a low table which is built in the tatami floor. During winter time, you can warm up using electric heater attached to the Hori Gotatsu table.
- Spa treatment salon
Hakone [Kanagawa Prefecture]
Washintei Hogetsu is located on the hill overlooking Lake Ashi and surrounding mountains. Hougetsu was named after the glow of the moon over Hakone mountains and Lake Ashi. Guests can enjoy moon from open-air hot spring baths and moon-viewing terrace, and the pond reflecting moon lit.
15 well-appointed guest rooms are all Japanese style with tatami straw mat and Hori Gotatsu, a low table built in the tatami floor with a dug hole in which you stretch your legs comfortably. All rooms are equipped with private bath of heated mineral water. The water upwelling in the premise is sold as freshly bottled "Natural water of Mt. Hakone."
Full-course Japanese dinner and breakfast will be served in the private dining rooms. Modern Japanese cuisine incorporating French, Chinese, Asian cuisine is offered for dinner. Enjoy beautiful dishes prepared by master chef searching new gastronomy.
Relax in the hot spring believed to give a blood circulation and release your stress. Ryokan has common open-air and indoor hot spring baths, separated by genders. Chartered hot spring baths are available. Spa treatment is available at the ryokan. In the private room, guests can relax with "Keiraku" treatment which gives your meridians physical and mental vitalization.
|Accommodation Type||Japanese ryokan|
|Access1||hour 20 minutes from Tokyo (using a bullet train and taxi)|
|Price Range*||29,550 yen - 45,300 yen|
|Environment||quiet area near Lake Ashi and Hakone Shrine|
|Private Bath||All rooms equipped with private bath, 2 chartered family bath|
- Dinner and breakfast are served in private dining room.
- Dinner is a full course modern Japanese cuisine with carefully chosen seasonal local seafood and vegetables.
- All rooms are equipped with private indoor heated mineral spring baths
- 2 shared outdoor and 2 indoor hot spring baths
- 2 chartered family baths with heated mineral spring for private use
- Check in 15:00
- Check out 11:00
- English: OK
Room type and prices
- There is a variety of rooms available at Washintei Hougetsu. Please contact us for availability.
- The rate per person per night is 29,550 yen - 45,300 yen, including dinner and breakfast, based on double occupancy, including service charge and consumption tax.
- Different prices will be applied depending on season. Please check with us.
■ Credit card
VISA / JCB / MASTER / AMEX
By train (from Tokyo)
- Odakyu Shinjyuku Station- [Odakyu line "Romance Car": 1hr 25min] - Hakoneyumoto Station
*From Hakoneyumoto Station, take a taxi for 25 mins
- JR Tokyo Station - [JR Tokaido Shinkansen "kodama": 41min] - Odawara Station*
*From Odawara Station, take a taxi for 35 mins
Hiking, Sightseeing (Mt. Fuji, Owakudani Valley, Lake Ashinoko)