Start at Nishiki Market, a market place known as "Kyoto's kitchen." Over 100 stores sell various foods unique in Kyoto, such as Kyoto-brand vegetables, pickles, Japanese sweets, yakitori, "ofu" gluten, fresh seafood and more. Japanese knives and kitchen utensils can also be purchased. Your gourmet guide will support in communicating with the shop staff.
This is a tour for food lovers or culinary enthusiasts who would like to experience authentic and first-class products in Kyoto, escorted by gourmet-savvy local guide. Please be ready for a variety of food tastings.
Sample Itinerary (8 hour tour)
Experience either Japanese sweets making or a traditional tea ceremony.
Learn how to make Japanese sweets "wagashi" at an established sweets shop. The pastry chef will lead you in making a few pieces of wagashi. At the end of the class, taste your wagashi with green tea .
Tea ceremony will be conducted at a historical townhouse in Kyoto. Learn the history, manners, and the way to serve matcha tea.
Visit Kiyomizudera, one of the most celebrated temples in Kyoto, registered as the UNESCO World Heritage site. Walk through the stone-paved paths with a variety of local gourmet such as matcha ice cream, "Yatsuhashi" crepes, Japanese seven spices, green tea, as well as Japanese porcelains, chopsticks, and wooden trays.
Price for this sample itinerary
(price per group)
|2 persons||3 persons||4 persons|
|8 hours||78,000 yen||86,000 yen||93,000 yen|
(8% consumption tax included)
Including: English speaking tour guide, entrance fees, public transportation, some tastings
Not Including: Lunch fee
- The price is for the above sample itinerary. Day trips to Kyoto from other cities can be arranged upon request. (ex. From Osaka, additional 10,000 yen per group will be charged as it takes 2 hours for round trip, which makes 10 hour tour. For other cities, please contact us.)
- We will customize your own tour depending on your interests and time. Include any site you wish. The duration of your tour can be arranged from 4 hours.
- Private car can be arranged for extra fee
- Please contact for more than 5 persons
Gourmet activities we can arrange in your tour
Request for a Private Tour
To request for a private tour, contact us by E-mail (email@example.com) or call us (03-5213-5040). Please tell us the following information:
- Your name
- Number of persons in the group
- Date of the tour
- Starting time and length of tour
- Meeting place
- Places you would like to visit (or write "recommended travel" if you would like us to plan your day)
- Lunch requests
Private Tours in other destinations
We can also arrange privately-guided tours in other destinations throughout Japan. Your tours can be tailored to your specific interests such as culture, food, and nature.