- 40 guest rooms and 3 villa-type houses (Private bath and toilet are equipped with all the rooms and villa-type houses)
Kotohira Kadan [Kagawa Prefecture]
With the history of 400 years, Kotohira Kadan is a long-established ryokan located close to Kotohira-gu, commonly known as Kompira-san shrine in Kagawa Prefecture in Shikoku.
Strolling around its beautiful Japanese landscape garden and relaxing in the public open-air hot spring bath overlooking Mt. Sanuki Fuji and historical Kotohira Town will be relaxing and peaceful moments. Distinguished Japanese writers and poets of the past, such as Ogai Mori, Hakushu Kitahara, and Akiko Yosano have stayed Kotohira Kadan before.
Kotohira Kadan offers various kinds of guest rooms. If you are looking for purely traditional experiences, staying at the traditional Sukiya-zukuri villa-type house is highly recommended. They also have contemporary Japanese bed rooms. All the rooms are equipped with private bath and toilet. Some rooms have private open-air hot spring bath.
Japanese full-course dinner and breakfast utilizing local ingredients are also highlights of the stay in this ryokan. Local gourmet products including fresh seafood from Setouchi Sea (Island Sea), Sanuki Cochin (chicken), Sanuki beef, Sanuki Yumebuta pork, and famous Udon noodles can fully be enjoyed.
|Accommodation Type||Japanese Ryokan|
|Access||2 hours from Tokyo by domestic flight and bus 2 hours from Osaka by bullet train and express train|
|Price Range *||
|Environment||Conveniently located in the heart of Kotohira town, known as the shrine town of renowned Kotohiragu Shrine|
|Room||40 guest rooms and 3 villa-type houses|
|Private Bath||All rooms are equipped with private bath, 1 chartered family bath|
- Dinner and breakfast are served either in guest rooms or dining rooms -Dinner is a full course Japanese kaiseki with seasonal ingredients
- All private baths at guest rooms
- 2 outdoor and 2 indoor shared hot spring baths and 2 saunas
- 1 family outdoor hot spring bath (can be chartered at extra cost)
- Check in from 15:00
- Check out 10:00 (or 11:00 at some rooms)
- English: Yes
Room type and prices
There area many types of rooms available.
- 26 Japanese rooms
- 2 Suites
- 4 Japanese rooms with an open-air bath
- 3 twin bed rooms with an open-air bath
- 1 Suite with an open-air bath
- 3 Twin bed rooms
- 1 Triple bed room
- 3 Sukiya-zukuri Japanese houses (cottage)
16,350 - 41,190 JPY/ person
Prices differ depending on the room. Please check when you book.
The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
|Example: Room with an open-air bath||Example:Cottage type Japanese house|
- 2 hours from Tokyo by domestic flight and bus
- Osaka - Okayama 1 hour by bullet train
- Okayama - Kotohira 1 hour by express train
Seto Inland Sea, Kotohira-gu (Kompira-san)