- Elegant architecture originally constructed as a private residence of Prince Higashi Fushimi
- Beautiful garden with different faces in the four seasons
- 11 rooms
Yoshida, Higashiyama [Kyoto Prefecture]
Quietly nestled in Mt. Yoshida, Yoshida-sanso was originally constructed as a second residence of Prince Higashi-Fushimi in 1932. Once you step inside the Omote Kara Mon Gate built by master carpenter Tsunekazu Nishioka, you will encounter the Hinoki (cypress)-made Japanese style building, with western element harmoniously blended in, standing in the green surrounding. From inside of Yoshida sanso, you can enjoy the beautiful garden against the background of Kyoto's unparalleled time-honored scenery. This prominent location of Yoshida sanso is very convenient for you to take a peaceful and pleasant walk to some of the charming temples such as Ginkaku-ji (Silver temple) or Shin-Nyo-Do.
|Access||Approx. 2 hrs 10 min. from Tokyo (20 min. from Kyoto Station by taxi)|
|Price Range*||35,000 yen or above/ person in rooms in Main House + service charge + tax|
|Environment||Tranquil surroundings in Yoshida-yama|
|Room||11 (10 in main house, 1 in detached house)|
|Private Bath||Family chartered bath for guests in main house, Private bath for guests in detached house|
- Dinner and breakfast are served in a dinning room.
- Exquisite traditional Kyoto style cuisine using fresh ingredients of each season.
- Family chartered bath for guests at main house
- Private bath for guests in a detached house
- Check in from 16:00
- Check out 10:00
- English: Yes
Room type and prices
|Rooms in the Main House||From 35,000 JPY upwards|
|Hanare, the Detached Room (only one room)||From 50,000 JPY upwards|
The rates are for per person, per night including dinner and breakfast.
- Service charge (15%) and consumption tax are added.
- In peak seasons or on special days, prices are different. Please check with us when you book.
- Rates for children vary acordng to age and services.
By train (from Tokyo)
- Tokyo - (JR Shinkansen Nozomi super express: 2 hrs. 10 min.) - Kyoto station - (Taxi : 20 min.)- Yoshida Sanso
From Kansai International Airport
- About 2 hrs. 30 min. by train, shuttle bus or shuttle taxi
Kyoto sightseeing (Particularly convenient location for exploring Ginkakuji, Shin-nyodo, Philosophers' walk on foot)